We focus on episodic illness. This means that we are here to help you when you are sick. We are not a long-term solution for you, but we will help you find one! If you have a chronic illness and you have been unable to access care and treatment, of course we are happy to see you, and provide necessary tests and medication. Then, our social worker will help you with access to specialists you may need, and/or a long-term plan for care through community partners, such as Pierce County Project Access.
We can provide and/or help you access:
- A consult with a medical health care provider at no charge
- Lab tests at no charge to you to assist in your diagnosis and treatment
- A one-time fill of prescriptions written by a Neighborhood Clinic provider at to charge to you
- Assistance filling out financial aid paperwork to reduce or eliminate costs associated with diagnostic imaging (such as x-rays or ultrasounds) if we refer you for those tests
- Social work support to find resources to meet your needs, not limited to health care
- A supportive, caring, non-judgemental environment with a holistic approach to you as an individual
- Free dental services to adults with no dental insurance (waiting list for dental services)
In order to best serve patients with no insurance, or who have high-deductible insurance plans and cannot afford an urgent care visit, there are some limits on what we provide:
- At this time we do not provide wellness exams, sports physicals or DOT physicals.
- We do not fill out forms for Disability/SSI/Workers’ Comp etc.
- We do not prescribe narcotics or controlled substances.
- We cannot provide OB care, although we can certainly offer pregnancy tests and refer you to area providers